From Planter to a Hanging Diya! A DIY!

This festive season let every corner of your home shine bright!

Heyya, howz everyone doin? The festive season is around the corner with Janmashtami being next in the queue. It's the time when we all prep up our homes as there are fun-filled laughs, a game of cards, nudgings for one more piece of sweet, traditional pooja ceremony and positivity galore coming up! 

I love doing the decor at my place by rearranging the same old things or by innovating something new from something already there. Though I do not mean I don't like new stuff but the motto here is to budget money. So, today I have come up with a DIY which is to light up diyas in an untraditional way with negligible money involved! Confused where to place diyas so instead hang them! I changed a planter to a glittering diya holder... yea, this idea is so me!


This a planter in one of the corners of our house which housed faux trailing plant. And since I wanted this corner to get a little lit up, I removed them and proceeded with the DIY.

Step 2: One of our walls had bird wall hangings which were nearly inconspicuous there at the sides of the walls, so voila! they got a new place! I  took them and tied each of them to the chains of the planter like I did a lumba to my sister in law's hand this rakhi.


There you go! These danglers looked beautiful and the bells complimented the earthy pot. I hope the picture does justice(*fingers crossed). 

Next, I wanted to add floating diyas over it but the sad part is that I had no M-seal at my place. Yep, you heard it right M-seal, it's needed for fixing the hole in the centre of the pot so that it can hold water. I almost always have it for making a flower or something. I once made a pen stand and decorated it with m-seal flowers! That was way back but today when I so wanted it, it wasn't there. So what, I got a plan B. 



Step 3: Now comes the placing of diyas in the pot there. To give diyas a heightened structure I placed them on an inverted glass. You could use any such object as per your convenience but make sure it is not melted due to the heat from diyas. Add a couple of diyas to the pot to make it beautifully lit.


Tada! the stage is set. Just light up the diyas for the show to begin.



The pot looks as if it's one whole diya being lit!

This is how I did this wee little DIY. I am sure you would do it way better. This is one technique for lighting diyas I tried today, have a few more in mind. Please let me know in the comment section below if you like it...would love to share more.

PS: People with black thumb would love this idea ;)

Till then,
Keep experimenting!
Archita

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home Decor Styles

The Art of Bonsai